If you’re tired of false claims or having to deal with discussions about who caused a collision, what do you need? People who observed what happened are great, but what if you could actually have some proof? While traffic cameras may record at stop lights, etc, you want something personal that you can use when you need to prove your innocence.
A great option that you could consider is a motion sensor dash cam. The best dash cam with parking mode can make a world of difference in keeping you safe from dishing out tons of money. It can help you keep a record while driving and even while you run into the grocery store.
If you’re concerned about avoiding higher insurance rates, a dash cam will work wonders. It will keep you in the clear when you find yourself facing unsafe drivers looking to blame you.
With several options to choose from, there is one that certainly stands out for its unique features. The Vantrue n2 Pro dual dash cam is an ideal option for those who want a quality option for the road.
Something that you’ll appreciate about Vantrue N2 Pro is that it has infrared night vision with the Sony sensor. The 4 IR LED lights play a big part in helping Vantrue N2 Pro get night vision footage. Its HDR video system helps to balance light and dark for better picture quality when you use night vison status. While it isn’t the best night vision on the market, it does put many other average priced cameras to shame.If there was one feature that you could want in a dash cam, it would be that it was a dual dash cam. The Vantrue may very well be the best front and rear dash cam around. From getting views of traffic in front to recording what’s going on behind you, it will help you get great footage. Also, unlike many other dual cameras, it has both cameras in one device for easy use and installation.
With loop recording, you don’t have to put any effort into saving footage. The Vantrue will automatically save it for you and delete old files. With a G-sensor, you can also be confident that collision footage will be saved, no matter what. When saved as an “Event File,” your collision footage will not be recorded over.
The camera works with micro SD cards of up to 64 GB, which means that you will get plenty of space for recording. Because loop recording will do the editing job for you, using a more spacious SD card gives you time to save what you want, if need be. The Vantrue has audio recording and a built-in microphone, which is always a convenient feature in a dash cam. The audio has highly sensitive audio quality. This helps you make sure to record voices and other noises loud and clear.
A unique feature on the Vantrue is the time lapse function. This allows you to take photos at different intervals for even more proof when it’s needed. With an optional GPS function, you can also set the dash camera to record pertinent information, such as location and speed. Just be aware that it isn’t built in, so will cost extra.
With a decently sized display, you are able to see what is being recorded while driving. While it is a bit small for some people’s preferences, it helps when you want to make sure that you are getting quality footage. If you don’t mind a smaller display, then you’ll appreciate the Vantrue’s smooth design.
Parking mode is another highly attractive feature that the Vantrue has. It helps to ensure that you catch any hit and run that may happen when you leave your car parked. It even has an auto LCD off timer, so that you don’t need to get distracted with anything other than driving. The camera also includes a suction mount for easy installation, but you may need to make some modifications as it is a bit flimsy.
While it isn’t the subtlest design, it offers great features for a fair price and good quality footage.
Dual 1080P Front and Rear Dash Cam with Snapshot
With a 170° front-facing OV4689 sensor camera and 140° rear-facing Sony sensor camera(80° rotatable) in one body, N2 pro shots both front and inside the cabin simultaneously in full hd 1920x1080P 30fps, perfect dash cam for taxis, Uber, rideshare, Lyft drivers, commuters, and families, provides drivers and passengers with optimum protection.
Note: You can buy the product by clicking the text below the image.
Single Front 2.5K 2560x1440P/30fps or 1920x1080P/60fps
If you don’t need the inside recordings you can record with the single front-facing camera, the advanced F1.8 front OV4689 lens ensures it captures crystal-clear videos of the road front at: 2560x1440P/30fps, 2304x1296P/30fps, 1920x1080P/60fps, 1920x1080P/30fps.
Sony Sensor Infrared Night Vision
F1.8 6-glass lens front-facing cam and unique HDR video system automatically balance the light and dark areas of the video, while Sony IMX323 sensor, F2.0 6-glass lens rear facing cam plus 4 IR LED lights greatly enhances night vision in the car at the low light environment. If you set it to AUTO ON/OFF, When low-light conditions are detected, the infrared LEDs will automatically turn on to support rear image recording, offering you and passengers a higher level of in-car safety.
Taxi Dash Cam with Sound
Built-in microphone and speaker to capture high-quality audio clear without distortion. Don’t want to record voice? Just one press to turn the microphone off.
24 Hours Motion Detection Parking Mode
Auto switch to Parking mode when you parked your car. Triggered by the motion detection, the dashcam will auto record once it detects motion in front of your car on parking mode. The camera needs a constant power supply either from an external battery pack or hardwire.
Dash Cam Heat Resistant and Cold Resistant
Equipped with PC and ABS housing, the N2 pro dual dash cam can resist more heat and cold damage, working temp is -4 to 158 Deg.
Dual Dash Camera with Optional GPS
Optional GPS for you to track the driving route, location and speed. To use GPS function, please buy an extra N2 PRO GPS mount.
Auto LCD OFF
Support auto LCD off timer which enables the LCD off automatically after the recording begins so you won’t be disturbed by another glowing rectangle on your windshield, you can also turn this function off if you prefer the LCD stays on.
Auto Starts up and records automatically when the ignition sparks up, loop recording saves the latest videos and overwrites the oldest videos when the card reaches capacity. Supports up to 64GB card max, please format it to FAT32 before use.
Time-lapse function automatically takes photos at specified intervals and edits them together to a video clip so they can play much faster than in real-time. With this function on, you can record movements, changes, or events that take place over a long period of time, or just captures frames for a time-lapse video of a multi-week road trip, greatly saving space on your memory card.
Date and Timestamp
This is especially useful if you need to use your video footage as evidence at times. Ensure that the date and the time are accurate when you install your camera.
Reasons to Buy
- It has optional audio recording, which is an excellent feature to have
- It has quality night vision, which is always important for any dashcam
- The parking mode is ideal for times when you need to run errands
- It is a dual dash cam, so you can get both front and rearview footage
- It can fit a memory card of up to 64 GB, which is great for the loop recording feature
Reasons to Avoid
- It doesn’t stand up to too much heat, which could be an issue in warm climates
- The suction mount is flimsy, which could cause the camera to frequently fall
Processor: NOVATEK NT96660
Display : 1.5 inch TFT LCD (4:3)
Rear: Sony IMX323
Front lens: 170° full 6 layer glass lens with F/1.8 wide aperture.
Rear lens: 140° F/2.0 wide aperture lens.
Video: H.264 compression; MP4
External Memory: 64GB max, micro sd card of Class 10(No Memory Card)
USB Port: USB 2.0, Mini
Video Playback: Support view on PC/TV/Dash Cam
PC Operation System: Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10/Mac
What’s in the box
1X N2 Pro Dash Cam with Suction Cup Mount;
1X 3ft Mini USB Cable;
1X Car Charger with 10ft Mini USB Cable;
1X User Manual;
1X Quick Guide;
1. Before using, please format the sd card on your camera. Please insert the card into the camera, (if it says ‘please insert TF card’ here, please press the recording button(OK button) and press the M button to access the menu, go ‘system setup’ and choose ‘format’. Then the card will work well on the camera.
2. Please press the Power button to toggle the night vision mode ON, AUTO ON/OFF, OFF. When the IR lights have been turned on, the IR light icon at the upper right corner of the screen will be a lightening icon; When the IR lights have been switched to auto on, there will be a letter “A” besides the lightening icon; When the IR lights off, there will be a circle around the lightening icon with a black line across it. You can check the night mode status on the screen overview part on page 3 of the user manual.
3. The built-in 250mAh battery is just to keep setting, please always keep the dash cam plugged in, or it will keep telling you to connect the power.
The Best Features
As you can see, the Vantrue has quite a few optimal features. Whether you choose the Vantrue N2 Pro dashcam or look for another, there are some features you want. The following factors are important when shopping. They will make a difference between clear, quality, and dependable footage.
A G-sensor is a must-have when shopping for a dashcam. It will ensure that you always have saved footage, no matter what. With a sensitive sensor, the Vantrue can automatically save your collision recording to the Event File, so it won’t be saved over. This way, you can rest assured that you will always be able to have proof at any accident scene.
Has it ever happened to you that you have run inside the grocery store only to return to a damaged vehicle? This can be extremely frustrating as you have no clue who did it and have no one responsible to pay for it.
When you leave your camera in the car, the parking mode feature will be able to record footage even though it’s turned off. If you want to be sure to always catch a hit and run when running errands, parking mode is a good feature to have.
In some states, it is illegal to have audio on your dash cam if you have passengers. So, make sure that it’s legal where you live. If it is, it can be a great way to have even further proof against false claims. If you happen to drive for companies like Uber or Lyft, it can also keep you protected.
It can even help you to record videos singing with your family on road trips if you have a dream of going viral.
In some cases, you may want to have some details on your footage, such as time and location. This can go far in proving who is at fault in a collision. Of course, in some cases, you may not want all this information to be shown, so it helps when you find optional GPS on a dash cam. The Vantrue is one such dash cam. The only thing to consider is that the GPS is not built-in on the Vantrue N2 Pro camera, so it will be an extra cost.
You want to be able to get as broad a view as possible of the road around you while driving. You can get hit from any angle, so being able to record as much as possible is a good idea. Dual camera dash cams will help you to get both front and rear-view angles, so be sure to look for a dual camera.
The rearview camera does wonders for ride service providers who want to record footage in the car. It’s also great to have when you want to capture what’s going on behind you.
Not everyone loves a display while some must have it on their dashcam. If you like to keep an eye on what’s being recorded, you may want to ensure the dash camera has a good display. The Vantrue does include one, but because of the size of the rear and front cameras, it isn’t very big.
One thing to be aware of with the Vantrue is that it does have a bluish tint to the display due to display protection. But, it’s definitely not something that hinders you from viewing it when needed.
Should You Use a Dash Cam?
Before you make a decision, there are some factors to consider before investing money into Vantrue. No one wants to spend money on a product that they may never use, so you may want to be sure this option is best for you. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Is it legal in my state? First of all, using a dashboard camera isn’t legal in every state. This is definitely something that you should look into before you invest money into one. If it is legal, make sure that you can use audio as well. If audio recording isn’t allowed without the passenger’s written permission, the Vantrue has optional audio.
- How much am I willing to spend? Dash cameras can range anywhere from 50 bucks to more than a couple hundred dollars. Knowing what features you must have is important, as some features mean more money. If you’re willing to trade a low price for better quality and fancier features, do it.
- Which features are the most important to me? The Vantrue has quite a few quality features that make all the difference. From the loop recording to the parking motion detection, it has the basics you need for a high-functioning dash cam. In fact, the Vantrue has quite a few top features that aren’t found in many averagely priced cameras. Because it’s offered at a fair price, you don’t have to worry about overspending on these features.
- Is it the right size for my needs? If you want a camera that isn’t so obvious, this may not be the one for you. With two cameras and a display to boot, it definitely stands out. If you don’t mind that it is a bit obvious to onlookers, then size shouldn’t be a problem. If you really want an option that can barely be seen, consider finding a camera without a display.
- How badly do I want to avoid false claims? If you are confident that you don’t want to be slapped with another false claim again, a dash camera is a must. After all, it may be an initial investment, but it is certainly worth it. Don’t forget that insurance rates and related problems are no fun at all.
- Do you provide ride services? As a driver picking up a number of people daily, you probably face some interesting situations. Some of them may not be the most comfortable experiences and others may even be problematic. Having a dash cam in your car that can record inside, as well as outside goes far in keeping you safe from any issues. Again, you’ll just want to make sure that it’s legal in your state.
If you want an option that offers a number of features for safer driving experiences, this is it. It isn’t the cheapest option on the market, but it certainly offers some top features that make it worth it. At an accessible price, you can get loop recording, a G-sensor, a parking monitor, and even time-lapse pictures.
Does it have what you’re searching for? The Vantrue n2 Pro Uber dual dash cam offers fair quality, making it an option that you can depend on for clear footage. While it isn’t the top one on the market, it certainly gives other options a run for the money. Is it the one for you?