The Street Guardian SGGCX2 is a dashboard camera that is highly rated. The cameras have fixed memory and the buyer can have a model with the desired internal memory. It is true that dashboard cameras come in quite handy and the features of this product make it very suitable for a wide range of purposes. The SGGCX2 has got quite a number of revisions and each time it has got a little better. The current edition offers excellent video quality. You can shoot in 1080p at a very high frame rate. Audio and GPS information would also be available. It would provide footage when the car gets rattled. The camera always keeps recording. If something unexpected has happened, chances are that it has been captured.
However, the installation of the device is very troublesome. The instructions are not clearly explained. This means that you would face quite a lot of problems while getting the installation done correctly. This means figuring out things would be a little difficult. There is a lock file button on the device that would allow you to flag any footage you would want to keep. However, one of the bothering things about this product is that you do not get the benefits of the parking mode. This means you would not get any video footage of what happens in front of the car when it is parked.
The angle of the lens is not that wide and is fixed at 120 degrees. However, a large lens would also lead to some distortion, which some cameras compensate electronically. One of the best things that you would achieve in this camera is the operating temperature. It would work absolutely fine from -20 degrees C to 70 degrees C. It has made a lot of improvements over the previous versions.
- Street Guardian 1080p 30 FPS DVR
- Processor: Novatek NT96655
- Lens: 7 Element Metal body all Glass lens, 135° diagonal viewing angle
- Included CPL clip on filter lens
- CMOS sensor: Sony Exmor IMX322
- Video resolution: Full HD 1080P at 30fps @ 15Mbit/sec
- Video format: H.264 compression, MOV format
- LCD display: 1.5-inch HD TFT screen
- Microphone: Built-in, on/off menu selectable
- Speaker: Built in
- Storage media: SDHC MicroSD card, 32GB Class10 recommended (included, or choose larger option), 265GB maximum (new native large microSD card support in latest firmware)
- Gapless recording: Supported
- Recording cycle: Menu selectable 1 min/3 min/5 min
- Date stamped video: Supported
- Custom user text: Supported
- Motion detection: Supported
- Soft shutdown: Supported, last file save and soft shutdown
- Screen saver: Supported, menu selectable 3 minutes, 1 minute, off
- Night mode: Wide dynamic range (WDR)
- Built-in G-sensor: Yes, with adjustable sensitivity
- Incident file protect: Automatic by G-Sensor/Manual emergency by button
- GPS: Included (external)
- GPS time and date sync: Supported
- Exposure compensation: Menu selectable -2.0 to 2.0
- White balance: Auto
- Language: English/Spanish/Russian/Portuguese/German/Italian/Japanese/French/Simplified Chinese/Traditional Chinese
- Output mode: mini USB 5-pin port and DC 5V
- Power supply: Fail-safe Super Capacitor
- RTC: Supported
- Dimensions/weight (LxWxH): 72 x 52 x 43mm (excluding the bracket) OR 2.83 inches (Length) X 2.04 inches (Width) X 1.69 inches (Height)
- Unit Net Weight: 78g or 2.7 ounces
1. Camera bag
3. Quick start guide
4. Trim pry tool
5. 12v~24v power cord
6. Cable clips
7. Cleaning wipes
8. GPS Antenna
9. AV out extension cable
10. Warning stickers
11. Android/PC/Mac USB memory card reader
12. Camera windscreen mount bracket
13. Spare mount tape
14. EVA foam tape
15. SGGCX2 Dash Camera
16. CPL filter
17. 32GB Memory card
18. GPS spare mount tap
19. Street Guardian Sticker
Pros and Cons
The Street Guardian SGGCX2 is one of the most amazing dashboard cameras and offers quite a lot of features.
Reasons to Buy
- The low light video quality of the device is quite good.
- There is not much distortion in the images.
- It allows a very high operating temperature range.
- A filter is available with the device.
Reasons to Avoid
- The viewing angle of the lens is quite low.
- the parking mode is not available with this device.
- The device comes with a fixed internal memory.
The Street Guardian SGGCX2 is one of the best dashboard cameras in the market. It does miss out on a few features but it is still worth it,